Thursday, April 5, 2012

We're Sending Egg Mail!

Egg Mail

How did I not think of this?!

Mailing large plastic Easter eggs for friends and family is like having the cadbury bunny lay an egg in their mailbox but even better LOL. When I ran across the idea here I went to the nearest dollar store to see if I could find eggs big enough to hold a bunch of goodies and accommodate a mailing label that I could write on large enough to be legible.

Two stores later I hit the jackpot! Brightly colored eggs that were a good 7 - 8 inches long and didn't feel to flimsy so that they would be able to take a good knocking around in the mail truck.

Easter Package

We filled them with chocolate, stickers, easter stamps, bunny masks and felted eggs that we had made. Nestled it all in a bit of paper easter grass and taped them tightly shut :)

Watch your mailbox... one of these just may be for you!

Hugs,
Rosina

3 comments:

eidolons said...

That is a great idea! To find a brightly colored egg nestled in with the junk mail and bills. You're just too dang creative! (:

(I'm tempted to make one and mail it to myself!)

Mal said...

What a fabulous idea!

Mal @ The Chic Geek

Sandpiper said...

I had no idea you could mail a plastic egg?! Way more fun than the traditional envelope!